Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
2 garlic cloves, crushed
cut into 2 inch pieces
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
bacon for wrapping around chicken ( I did not do this but I saw many people with similar recipes who did and it sounds really good!)
1. In a shallow glass dish, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Stir the chicken pieces and pineapple into the marinade until well coated. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken and pineapple alternately onto skewers. Grill 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until chicken juices run clear.
1 ½ - 2 pounds of lean beef, preferably filet mignon, although any steak cut will do.
1 green pepper
1 Spanish onion
1 pint cherry tomatoes
Small potatoes, various colors.
2 cups olive oil
1 clove, minced garlic
2 tbsp chopped basil
1 tbsp grill seasoning
1/4 cup olive oil
3. Clean the peppers. Cut into square slices, about an inch or so wide, do the same with the onion. You want it to look uniform so all the pieces should be about the same size.
6, refrigerate this mixture for at least 6 hours, 24 recommended.
7. When you are ready to grill, light your grill and let it get hot.
8. Put everything on skewers.
9. When you're ready to grill, just place them across the bars to get some good grill marks, close to the heat. Turn each one every 3-4 minutes, allowing each side to brown evenly.
10. The beef should come out about medium, though you'll probably get a variety of temperatures.
Tomato and Cucumber Salad