Thursday, July 30, 2009

Awesome Blue Cheese Dressing!



Being lactose intolerant has been really hard for me, especially because of my love of cheese. I was so sad to give up blue cheese in particular. I decided to make a nice salad for dinner tonight and really wanted a nice creamy dressing for John (I think he sometimes gets tired of always eating low fat dressings:) so I found some blue cheese dressing recipes online, subbed out some ingredients for healthy alternatives and YUM! I made a low calorie blue cheese dressing (and I DO mean low cal) that is better tasting than any dressing I have ever had! If you have sworn off creamy dressings because of their fat and calorie content, please try this recipe! There is still hope! The mayo I used is a low fat mayo by Hellman's. There are only 15 calories per tablespoon so that really drops the calories down. Break out the Lactaid! I am having this dressing tonight!

Heather's Totally Rad Blue Cheese Dressing
Makes about 1 cup (or 16 Tbsp.)

1/3 c. low fat mayo (Hellman's Low Fat)
1/3 c. low fat buttermilk
1/2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/4 cup or 1 oz blue cheese

1) In a food processor, process mayo, buttermilk, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper until well blended.
2) Add blue cheese and pulse until blue cheese breaks into chunks.

Note: The dressing comes out quite thick so if you like a thinner dressing add a little more milk.

Per Tbsp:
Calories: 14
Carbs: 1
Fat: 1
Protein: 1


No comments:

Post a Comment