Monday, July 27, 2009

Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers

My mother gave me two peppers the other day and I had lots of mini peppers from Costco that I still needed to use so I decided to make vegetarian stuffed peppers. I have never made them before so I searched a few sites online to find a recipe that seemed simple and I altered it. It was inspired by "Cole's Kith" a fellow Google blogger. The recipe below is as I made it but you can always substitute things you like to make it more appealing to you. I know this picture at the right is not very appetizing. It's so hard to take pictures of food and make it look good, but you get the idea.

Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers

2 bell peppers and 10 mini peppers (Or just use 4 bell)
1-2 Tbsp. low sodium chicken broth
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 c. Basmati rice, cooked
6 oz. tomato paste
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar

1 Tbsp. fresh organic oregano, chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh organic basil, chopped
2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese (a little extra to sprinkle on top and melt at the end if

freshly ground black pepper

1) Remove the tops and seeds of the peppers.

2) Heat the chicken broth in a pan and cook the onions and garlic until they are tender.

3) Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until well blended. Then stuff peppers with filling and place in a pan (I used a bread pan so they didn't tip over).

4) Bake 30-50 minutes at 350 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this recipe! Thanks for the blog!

    ReplyDelete