We had the intention of making jam with them Saturday night but we were too tired and decided to put them in the fridge and can them the next day.
Well, yesterday we went to make the jam and about 75% of them were covered in mold! I was so sad! I don't know what happened or why they molded in less than 24 hours in the fridge.
We salvaged as many as we could and John made jam with them last night but we only got 8 8oz jars of jam out of all those pints!
We make our jam with half Splenda and half sugar and it turned out really tasty still but I'm a little worried that they might still spoil.
Any thoughts on why they molded so fast? Any tips on making jam at your house?